The National Basketball Association and Anheuser-Busch, are proud to join forces with
TEAM Coalition on the Responsibility Has Its Rewards (RHIR) national campaign for the 2010
NBA Jam Session and All-Star Game.
One lucky Designated Drivers for the Season from the remaining 28 clubs that did not participate in last season's NBA Finals attended the 2010 All Star Game in
Dallas, TX as thesecondary prize winners of the Responsibility Has Its Rewards sweepstakes. Their prize package included airfare, hotel
accommodations and a pair of tickets to the NBA All-Star Saturday Night, as well as the NBA All-Star Game, compliments of TEAM Coalition and the NBA.
The lucky winner was Sandi Kuritzky, the Designated Driver for the Season for the Cleveland Cavaliers.
View PHOTOS from the 2010 NBA Jam Session
NATIONAL CAMPAIGN: Responsibility Has Its Rewards™
FAMILY MESSAGE: Buckle Up - Every Trip, Every Time™
ADULT MESSAGE (OVER 21 YEARS OLD): Fans Don’t Let Fans Drive Drunk™
RHIR PARTNERS INCLUDE:
WHO: Fans and the Community
- National Basketball Association
- TEAM Coalition (Techniques for Effective Alcohol Management)
WHAT: NBA, Anheuser-Busch and TEAM invited fans to make the Responsibility Has Its Rewards pledge to always have
a designated driver, never drive drunk, and always buckle up and earn valuable rewards:
WHERE: NBA Jam Session at the Dallas Convention Center in Dallas, TX
- At the NBA Jam Session at the Dallas Convention Center, more than 2,500 fans made the
Responsibility Has Its Rewards pledge and received a souvenir photo with a branded frame including the campaign
partners' logos and the campaign's responsibility message.
WHEN: Wednesday, February 10 through Saturday, February 13, 2010
National Basketball Association: www.nba.com
Anheuser-Busch: Budweiser Good Sport is a comprehensive action plan for influencing fan behavior
at sporting events. Anheuser-Busch developed the program in 1986 to help stadium operators, team owners
and concessionaires promote positive fan behavior, responsible drinking and the use of designated drivers
at sporting venues. www.beeresponsible.com
TEAM Coalition: an alliance of professional and collegiate sports, entertainment facilities,
concessionaires, stadium service partners, the beer industry, broadcasters, governmental traffic
safety experts, and others working together to promote responsible drinking and positive fan behavior
at sports and entertainment facilities. www.teamcoalition.org
US DOT / NHTSA 2008 NATIONAL DATA:
- In 2008, 11,773 people were killed as a result of alcohol-related (BAC > 0.08) car crashes, a decline of 9.7% from the 13,041 fatalities in 2007
- Many, if not most of those lives would have been saved if people did not drive when they were impaired by alcohol or if they used sober, designated drivers or if they simply wore their seat belts.
- Statistics and research clearly show that 21-34 year old males are the demographic most likely to be involved in an automobile crash, drive when impaired by alcohol, and fail to buckle up.